R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM
cheebs
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
More often than not, you can turn a good racing TC into a great drifter because of the balance of the chassis. You might end up spending a little more money getting into things like CS pullies and steering mods but after all is said and done you'll start to wonder, "Why didn't I just get a drift car in the first place?"

That said, if you already have the TC in the first place then cool, build it up. Get a rear spool and a front one-way. Tinker with your pulleys. Overdrive your rear or underdrive your front to get some countersteer. Adjust your suspension to help with weight transfer. Play with the car and see what works.

The TT01, Sprint, or almost any other TC make somewhat okay drift cars with just a tire change. It's just that on the stock setup you'll feel the car diff-ing out or not wanting to yaw. It will get into powerslides but the drift will not be smooth or consistent.

Also, I hope my previous post didn't come across as elitist and douche-tacular. Just going by experience when it came to helping a bro find a car.
no your info was on point. it's just when you think about it better balanced car should be the better to drift out the box from the thinking of touring car logic. i do get what your saying.