R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 FLORIDA WINTERNATS DATES
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
dlarry
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This was one of the best Winternats I believe I have ever attended. It was great racing all week. The qualifing rounds on Wednesday were awesome to watch. To bad we had the rain on Thursday. I am greatfull for all the racers understanding. Nothing we could do about weather. However I must say Melvin Aulston deserves a lot of credit. He had servo problems on Wednesday and did not get a qualifing round in. He never complained and raced his way into the c-main. In fact he lead it for a while. Then he had troubles. I have to take my hat off to him for never giving up. Then there is Armin from Shepard. Bumping up all the way to the a-main. I also have to say what about a local guy named Rob Crawford. He qualified 3rd in Masters and finished 3rd. Good Job Rob!

The mains on Saturday were a pleasure to watch. Quite a few coming down to last lap. Paolo and Mike seperated by only .51 sec in the Final of the 1/8th open.

I would like to Congrats to the Winners: DJ Apolaro, Chuck Moon and Paolo Morganti. You 3 are very deserving Champions.

I also would like to thank the Sponsors of this event:

Kevco Racing, Shepard, Xray, Bryons Fuels, Kosmic Fuels, Sonic Engines, EDS Tools, Acorn Racing USA, Sky Rocket Racing, Boca Bearings, Proto Form and Matrix Tires.

Thanks to Edo Picco from Picco, Christen from Matrix Tires, Armin from Shepard, Mikchael Salvin from Serpent and Patrizio from Capricorn for making the trip to support the racers.

This race is always exciting because of the racers. It is always nice to see the Ohio Guys, The Whitings, Marco Vanni, Ralph Burch, Mike Swauger etc. This years field was one of the strongest. A person like me is amazed to see all of these great people. Thanks for putting on a great show.