R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway
Old 10-31-2004, 12:15 AM
mikemyers
Tech Addict

I don't think anyone here is aware of a lot of things. There are no digital results for many of the races. What there is, is a stack of printouts, with corrections marked in pen, with the final sheet signed off on by the IFMAR people.

Jarrod has all the information on his computer, and may be able to update the information, providing what everyone wants, but Jarrod (who is much smarter than I am) is quite likely sound asleep right now, instead of typing in information.

Everyone always wants information, but the facts are that the Autoscore IFMAR program did NOT work as intended, and corrections needed to be done by hand.

In addition to the above, some of the printouts have penalties that were written in manually. The only way this stuff could possibly be made available at the track, would be by someone going to the posted printouts and taking a photo of them, then posting that on the web.

......the results of the lower mains will be available at some point on SGRID, and the way that will probably happen is by me typing the whole thing in by hand. That, or waiting for Jarrod to update the data he has on his computer, after which he could presumably post the results.

Note: even if the Autoscore IFMAR program had worked as intended, to the best of my knowledge there is not yet any function where the Race Director can input a penalty into the results, and have the program re-calculate everything based on the revised data.

Please do not blame IFMAR, or the club, or Jarrod, or RC Driver. I know exactly how you feel, as that is exactly the information I also wanted, but it just does not exist.

OK, time to get down from my soapbox, and go to bed! ...that, or type in a lot of names now, and then go to sleep, and wait for someone to point out my typos... :-)