R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

In response to MarkerInbound

It has been shown in actual racing conditions using ROAR VTA rules that blinky speed controls don't have an advantage over the USVTA approved speed controls. The problem is that for club racing, there is no way to prevent the racers from cheating unless they tech each car each time they hit the track.

The problem with allowing ROAR approved blinky speed controls when everyone else is running USVTA approved speed controls, is that I will accuse you of cheating. I know you aren't getting an advantage unless you (to use your words) "wanted to cheat". I can't be certain you aren't cheating unless I tech your car before each heat/main.

To be fair and realistic, I would never ask anyone to buy a new speed control just to try out VTA. But you already have the answer to your question - Run your ROAR approved VTA car in USGT. A well setup VTA car can be surprisingly competitive on a small to medium sized carpet track (Michiana carpet track). At worst you might be 1-2 laps off TQ in USGT. At our track in Indy, the better USVTA drivers would normally qualify in the USGT A-main on a local club race night.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 02-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.