R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF2WD thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Had a chance to run my 201 at my home track with the new heavier oils (450 front and 400 rear oils with the Associated black BB spring in the front and Associated white BB springs in the rear. I normally run this combo with with 400 front and 350 rear oils.

The heavier oil felt great and between that and moving some shims around I shaved another 3 tenths off my times all while still running my broke toplate that is in 3 pieces because the Postal Service didn't deliver my stuff like it showed. Now it will be here Monday.

Car was super smooth and is getting better. I did run the Associated green BB front spring and then switched back to the black as it felt a little better and my laptimes where a little quicker. Once again very happy with the overall performance of my 201. Now I can't race for a few weeks because of work but next time out I want to try the 25 degree caster blocks. Right now my car is about 1 adjustment from being as fast lap times as the top 2 or 3 cars. I'm about 2 to 3 tenths away and thats ok as I'm creeping up on them and they are noticing thats for sure. They comment that my car is very smooth when they watch it go around the track.