R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 08:38 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by GoldFinger
In this case, every engine will "feel" have more power in the straight if we install it on 710.
Yes because of lower intertia (due to lower internal ratio), the car needs very little energy to get up to speed and little energy to stop also.

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Regarding an overdrive my question is still the same, In (front) overdriven car even using same tire rollout, the front wheel is spinning in faster rate than the rear tire, right ?
Did it does not make any difference in the handling terms ?
I think I mentioned this earlier...

I guess for those who still get more wear in the rear would benefit as the split would stay the same almost throughout since the front tires will rotate more turns than the rear tires. More rotation in the front tires means more wear and this somehow will translate to even front and rear wear rate.

Front side of the car would get higher RC (corrected by Julius ) due to the front sitting lower because of smaller tires while maintaining same ride height.

And lastly, you get to use a bigger rear tire to achieve the required tire rollout / top speed for a particular track while still being able to use smaller tires in the front for better handling. Not forgetting the times when you need the tires to be big in the rear because of excessive wear and rear ride height clearance, you would still be able to use "smaller" front tires.