R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - >>** A WARNING FOR ALL ** <<
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 AM
hotrod87
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
At this point ive thought long and hard about all of this and ive come to this conclusion:

Even though this is hard to swallow, loosing a laptop, I will survive. It sucks, no doubt about it but I have so many more things to focus on that I don't have time of day to do this anymore.

I've talked to a good friend of mine whose a private investigator and he gave me a nice run down on this character that were dealing with. The story is long and I don't need to get into it. Monday I start a new job that will require 110% of my concentration. A new week begins and a new day as well. I'm really not mad at anyone and I truly appreciate everyone's help. The mods specially. I know its hard to weed out the imbeciles but you guys do a great job. As for everyone else in this forum, I was truly surprised to see how this many guys with one hobby in mind can come together to help, Thank You! If anyone else here got ripped off by him, I'm sorry and if you continue to pursue him, all the best of blessing to you. Ill try to help in any way I can.

Here is an open letter that I wrote him to his email. It clarifies my feeling and that I have no regrets. Some lessons learned are expensive and some come at another's expense. I wont miss the laptop, it was my main reason for wanting to trade it but at the same time, I won't forget the lesson learned here.

"TO: [email protected]
Subject: Laptop vs Character

To be completely open with you and honest, im not even mad. I'm a little disappointed but tomorrow is a new day. I should have seen the signs and realized that this was a bad idea but against my better judgement, I decided to give it another try. Are you the first to scam me? No and most likely not the last either. Like they say, fool me once shame on me but you'll never fool me twice. I will give you credit though. All that talk about how you're a father and how scamming me for a laptop is at the bottom of your to do list, I sorta fell for it. I'm just curious, is your entire life based on that principle? Are you fooling everyone including yourself? Its too bad that your daughters have to grow up with a two faced man. No.. Man is too strong of a word. A man would stick to his word. You're more like a joker. Why the long face? I'm not really sure where I was aiming with this email, its most likely a wild shot by far. In my final thought, the laptop was only a minor loss. Its just plastic and metal tied together and ill get over it and tomorrow ill forget about it. On the other hand, your character, well that sticks with you for the rest of your life. Believe it or not, it will get passed down to your kids because it runs in your blood. The same blood that runs in their veins. Still I would never wish any harm on you or your family. There is no reason they should be drawn into that vicious circle because of your idiocy. Lastly, I'm not sure what you believe in. Weather its God, karma or just destiny but one of those will bite you in your bony ass one day, Its a fact amigo. I don't expect or hope for you to respond to this email. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Matter fact, you're so much of a sand pillar that I don't even expect you to have any logical response anyways. Regardless, God Bless you and your family and I hope some day you'll see the ink on your hands and how it darkens everything you touch."
Very nicely put.

You Sir are the better man.