R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM
mjk1210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catzilla
Please put up some set ups for clay tracks looking for more info on what everybody is doing in us on indoor clay
I've split the difference between the two setup sheets by using the .5 bushings in all but the rear hinge pin brace. My track has very hi bite where we usually run slicks.
I tried the progressive springs tonite but they immediately caused traction rolls in the faster turns. on some pins or a lower traction they could be very good as the car seemed to react a little quicker with those springs on.

I also played with the stiffening screws by simply unscrewing a turn or so on various ones. I settled on the center 4 screws tight and the outer 4 corners loosened a turn.

I tried the rear shocks inside on the arm too. Car was a little more forgiving that way. Not necessarily faster tho. it seemed to smooth out the cornering a touch so the car wanted to carve the turns just a little more.

oh yea. one more thing...I am running some 30wt oil in the rear shocks. The 300cst is close to 27.5 wt and was really good but the car seemed to bounce just a little over smaller bumps on the track. The 30wt seemed to make the car smooth out over the bumps.

Hope that helps.