R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
We are racers and winning is sort of important. However, in the Pan class, we've enjoyed a group that is as focused on saving money, bull shitting, just hanging out, and mostly having fun! There has been no reason for rules as most everyone is in the same mind set. It's a simple car and runs just fine. Trying other stuff only adds to the fun and puts more cars on the track. I was sort of hoping to see a Thorp drive unit come out.
When you think about it, the 2013 pan car is offering the same stuff the 1978 pan car offered. It was just fine till someone thought shocks would make it better, the rest is history. It may cost more to get there now, but the trip is worth it. It's sort of sad how most RC racers are hooked on going fast at any cost. They need lots of rules. We should use the KISS rule, and enjoy each others commonalty. In the end, it's your fellow racers that are making this hobby to be so much fun! Unlike speed, you can't buy that, just enjoy it!
Hear, hear. I contemplated reproducing the Thorp as well but decided to go a different route. If you'd like to go that route, you're welcome to borrow mine for a template.