R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyking 60A ESC
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 AM
girmann
Tech Rookie

I have two of them in my possesion, one in my B4, and I'm about to put the other in my ECX Boost. I'm guessing that if this isn't an actual hobbywing ESC, then it's certainly a copy.

The B4 is running a 17.5T Trackstar with a 69 spur and 29 pinion. The motor with this combination is barely warm 6min qual, and so is the ESC. I've got a 1257 servo in there, and the BEC seems up to the task. Keep in mind, however, that I am a beginner, so I don't know if I'm putting enough demand on my components yet.

It uses the same exact looking Hobbywing software. So much so that I went looking for the Hobbywing software to see if I could get the ESC to work with it (I'm using the USB dongle). I couldn't find it anywhere online. If anyone is willing to share it, I'd be more than willing to test it out for them.

Originally Posted by snowman_evil
A friend of mine told me about these. Has anyone tried one or heard anything about them? They appeared to be a copy of the Hobbywing Xerun 60amp ESC. I'm curious if they run the same Hobbywing Software by any chance?

If they do they look awesome for the price!