R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
I remember asking lon why they didnt run the centex style clutch he said something to the effect not allowed, sorta like its not allowed in the GT class to.

well maybe its allowed but thats a good thing the shoe clutch is always slipping it seems

I am pretty sure i could get a centex style clutch to make a decent pan car a fair amount faster and be more durable seemed Lon and LonII with little lons car had problems from time to time with them just falling apart for no reason.

this thread is always a fun read though I hardly post here i almost always read it when i stop by
Meh. I get that there is no centex in GT because it's a Midwest thing already agreed to with some basic posted rules. We do have the ROAR rule book, it IS still in effect (unless majority decides different on a local level but it'd still apply at a ROAR sanctioned event.) But I don't see where it'd make a difference in pan...if anything, I think it may not work so well, but I sure don't see the harm in trying. My two cents worth, if you want to build a pan car and it has centex clutch, then I say go for it. We don't have enough people yet to get picky over anything unless it gives one person a drastic advantage. I think so long as your build (or kit) falls within the ROAR rules as to weight, length, fuel cap, etc. and blah blah, then it's all good. That and pan is supposed to be more non-competitive anyhow, more about the drivers having fun than winning, and I'd hate to see anything promulgated that had a detrimental effect on participation....