R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 Snowbird Nationals: Jan 29th - Feb 3rd
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Glad you guys enjoyed that race. Yes, i did pull back into Franchesco, and yes it probably did cost me the race by waiting, so did the other 4 times I tapped the boards. It was making me sick to watch some of the races and see the guys blatantly take each other out and not wait. Eric did what he needed to do to win and I did not. If anyone had an issue with what happened between Corey and I with a min left in the race shouldn't anymore. The video shows a clean inside pass into the sweeper. Corey lifted and came down on me. We talked about it after and he agreed. I know you Florida guys wanted him to win it :P See you guys in Mod and 13.5 from now on.
I think the 17.5 A Main was one of the best races of the weekend. There were a lot of BRUTAL races. All of the 13.5 Sedan races were a mess.

I really think that the race director should call restarts and stop and go's. Sometimes they are fair and sometimes they are not but either way the possibility of getting called in for a stop will make racers think twice about being too aggressive. Also, if 1/2 the field gets parked/punted in the first 1/2 lap there should be a red flag and a restart.

On some blog Hagberg was taking about how US carpet tracks are very different than Euro carpet tracks. The Euro tracks are bigger (usually one more 12' strip of carpet deeper), more flowing and the use of dots and soft barriers allow racers to successfully use different lines so there are more and safer passing opportunities. Honestly, I like corner dots more than flappers. I would rather have a guy that cut a line too tight go flying rather than bounce back into me and take me out.

It would be cool if the US race promoters tried to set up a more Euro style track at the next IIC or Bird's.

Last edited by AdrianM; 02-06-2013 at 10:12 AM.