R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY XB9 E-Conversion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
dgrobe2112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i was finally able to get my hands on the K2RC conversion kit. i installed everything.

First thing, the side guards are nice. they alone add the stiffness back into the car that you lose cutting the radio tray and the left side guard.

#2, the battery tray will fit most batteries, however, most batteries are too tall. i use the Turnigy 5000mah hobby king batteries that cost 22 bux. they fit, but are too tall for the carbon strap to hold them in.

#3, the battery tray has a delrin base under it. i personally think this is too tall as well. unless you use a certain type of battery, any bodies wont fit. you will have to shim up your body mounts

#4, i think the battery tray also adds stiffness to the car. without it.. i think there is a little too much flex. i currently am using the AE 8.2 tray. so what i am going to do, is sand down the delrin a few MM to get it lower in the chassis so the batteries clear the body.

#5, the carbon guards are alot narrower than the guards it replaces. there will be a gap between the body and the guards. i use the Proline 8.2e body, and there is a huge gap. originally, the gap was closed off by velcro, not any more.

#6, the servo mount, while i like that it is a stand up mount, similar to current stock form, there is no place for electronics. i personally dont like my stuff sticking out in the air, for dust and dirt. especially since the body is not tight anymore. also, its not a direct replacement. you will have to readjust the linkage and your radio trims.

overall, its a very nice kit. comes allready put together, just bolt it in your car. other than the battery tray being a little bit too tall, its very nice, and i cant wait to trim down the delrin on the tray.