R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Driving styles and which car is right for you
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wise words indeed!
When I started in 1/8 nitro buggies,the MP7.5 and the MBX5 were top dogs and I had a MP7.5.That thing pushed on and off-power,common trait of the basic MP7.5 setup.
So after 3 years of many mindless mods,weird setups and ZERO roll center knowledge(worsened when the hudy setup guide came out) and I felt the chassis was limiting my abilities.Fast forward to today,my restored MBX5R made it's maiden voyage and guess what,it's loose off power with the basic setup!No wonder people fell in love with the car.Still has little on power steering...No difference in feel vs the stock MP7.5.
Last season bought a MP7.5 Kanai 2 just for fun,I had some setup knowledge and put it in practice.Now,I am a happy camper with a dialed MP7.5.
Conclusion:bad information drives people off to frustration and to throw money at a car they aren't understanding,then there's changing brands only to find out that the chassis still doesn't do what they want and they quit.
The magical setup is available for all cars,all it needs to happen is patience,suspension tuning and don't go by "the car should be doing this or that",read the car and proceed accordingly(read THE Guide by JQ and Tuning with camber links threads here on RCT).