R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
BCDK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
I put the DJCs in my s411 not long after it was released and have only ever run my car on a dusty outdoor track. When I pull the front end apart to check bearings etc I usually just check the 'feel' of the DJCs out of the car. Every time they were nice and smooth and I ended up just putting them back in the car as.

Not sure if others give them any special attention but I found them to be reliable and maintenance free with only cosmetic wear on the pins. I did however flip the outdrives as they were starting to get a groove in them.

Regards,

Simon
Hi.

You need to complete rebuilt the djc axles some times. Maintenance: check often (at least every week), if there still are some grease behind the shrink foil. If not, put some black grease in. The complete rebuilt depends how often you race. We rebuilt the axles once every month. We still use the first djc axles, and they are now more than 1 year old. We race modified high level indoor as well as outdoor.

The same with the outdrives. If you don't put grease into the outdrives, you will later have problems. Use the same type of shrinking foil as for the djc axles. Put it on the outdrive and put black grease in. It will not fly out with the shrinking foil on. Again - after more than a year no wear. No sign of a scratch.