R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What's new in the 1/8 onroad for 2013??
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 AM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

I'm running Edam 1/8th, which also has no major changes for this year (and is the cheapest cost car on the market.)

However, down in the shop I have an old Serpent Evolva. Hm. Three belt setup. Centax clutch. Shocks are basically in the same place, arms, shafts, axles, blah blah blah.

Point being, all the cars look so much alike and have been that way for so many years that I seriously wonder what it all matters. I've noticed a bunch of parts are interchangable between my Edam and Serpent, Mugen, etc. Looking at them, I've been wondering lots lately if they aren't all made in the same factory but with different stamping for the parts (and of course, different pricing!)

I suspect until some manufacturer gets off their rear and designs something completely different, we're all basically running the same car. Little tweaks and setups aside, I don't think anything significant has changed or will change. On the one hand, it doesn't matter, except when your particular manufacturer makes just enough changes to their car to where you can't use parts off the old one (just like GM and Chrysler!) On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if they're all taking us for a ride....