R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Rojna
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by heretic
Thanks a ton for the links. I must say I've been looking for a long time, with tons of different key word and I can't believe I never stumbled upon those. Thanks.

As for the suspension parts... yeah with a dremel lots of things are possible, I even fitted the whole suspension from my Cyclone on a TC3 chassis (seriously). But suggesting it to our friend Andy wouldn't help him much, would it ?

About the micro-pro diff, I thought of that guy's mod ( super nicely made btw) but like you said it is questionable wether it's worth the effort. The diff in itself requires quite a bit of work to be usable. (In case someone really wants to know I can tell you what I had to do to be able to use one in my Photon).

So, again, my point : get the spec-R car.
You dont need a dremel to use TC4 suspension parts on a TC3, just a drill bit, the only difference is the inner hinge pin size. When using TC4 Castor Blocks on a TC3 you need to drill 2 small holes for 2-56 screws in the arm to hold the hinge pin ... just like the TC4 has. You cant get TC3 4* castor blocks anymore but this way you can use TC4 castor blocks

Get a spec-r ??? no thanks ... I like my TC3 & TC4

ps you do realize its not shaft drive like TC3 & TC4

2013 SNOWBIRDS pics & video