R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
1) Ridley doesn't have a tekno truck, so you lost credibility there
2) These "dumb jabs" are proven issues with the truck that losi has attempted to address with updated parts (the front driveshaft pin shooting out was addressed by adding a flat spot to the pin and a set screw in the coupler. mixed success with this fix.)
3) He didn't say this isn't a good truck. He is a losi customer that is a little disappointed that some things weren't addressed with the 2.0.

overall, i think this truck is a nice step forward. i loved my SCTE for the time i had it. ultimately i fell victim to the "perfect setup syndrome" and the truck was running like crap and at that point, the trucks design flaws became an annoyance (leaky diffs, on my 5th or 6th front center driveshaft, etc.). i didn't race 4x4SC for a while because of it even though it's always been my favorite class. ultimately, i wanted to get back into the class, but wanted something different. with no official word from losi on a 2.0, i was forced to look at what else was out there. honestly i don't know if i would have chosen the 2.0 had i known that it was coming out and what it was, but it would have at least made my decision harder.

i think we're getting into the realm of "can't go wrong with either". i think they'll both be great trucks.
Thanks!!

And your experience with the class wearing on you is EXACTLY the same as mine. Super fun class, just wish the truck's drivetrain longevity was more like an 8th scale. Rubber boots on the cv's, better metal, something.

Still don't know which direction I'm going to go with a new truck, lol. Have to pic one soon though

And for the record and to those that think I'm a Losi hater, the absolute most fun RC I race and own, BY FAR, is a a LOSI SCT. It just happens to be a WHOLE LOT bigger than the one being discussed here!!