R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
im glad they are doing it..

one thing i find funny.. is when i made comments about all this long ago.. people were always saying.. u dont "need" a TLR tuning kit.. u dont "need" hd balls.. u dont "need" light drive cups, Dont "need" lightweight hard chassis.. bla bla.. doesnt do anything for the truck.. bla bla..

and here we are.. year later.. its all in a kit..

Racers dont want to have to replace these parts that wear out so quick.. when they race almost every weekend..

again.. im glad TLR and the team are so in tune with the forums.. and see what the "racers" and other guys are saying.. and bringing it all to us..

I was seriously on the boat to jump ship.. or even convert a buggy over.. but not anymore..
Do you "need" those things? No. Truck worked great stock out of the box. Anyone that took one off the shelf and installed the battery will tell you that. Do all the hopup parts make the truck better. Some more then others and depends on your level of driver. Does a racer expect all this stuff in a TLR box and want the best they can get. Of course. This is the TLR version of the car and Ryan packed it full of all the hopups most of us would add to this car even if they weren't included.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ridley: Yea that makes sense thinking about i have used Metric screws though into non Metric holes before and its been fine .

Hacker: I get what your saying but to me if the 1st SCTE model was all Metric screws and the moldings it wouldnt be more expensive i dont think . Its easyier to have Metric screws more varietly thats all.
The first car was based off the Ten-T which was not intended to be raced in all honesty. It was based off shrinking the 8ight platform and they carreid over the 5-40 screws. Had the car been based off 4-40 screws we could probably build the whole thing with 3mm hardware but 5-40 screws a little bigger and 3mm hardware would not work. This is a culmination of a decision made 3 years ago or more prior to the big move to metric hardware and costs to much to convert.