R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi Nightcrawler
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Rockit RC
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like mentioned before, the maintenance of the axles is a little much for some. I have had a Comp Crawler for year and love it (one of the very few RCs that I will never sell).

IMO the biggest problem is that Losi discontinued the Comp Crawler. Makes people nervous. I have one as a sportsman and one as a Pro-shafty (Basher). Even though I am currently building a AX10 Sportsman, I still think the LCC/LNC based rigs are the best Sportsman rigs. Very capable.

With the resurgence of the Sportsman class, they are making a comeback. Venders are starting to support again, and there are more build going on on RCCrawler.

When it was solely my basher, it was very solid and really did not have any problems with it. Really the only thing I had to do was stay on the maintenance of the worms.

Probably should explain the worm maintenance. The worm gears (while IMO great for crawling - very low torque twist and brakes at the axles - not the ESC drag brake) are power hogs and require LOTS of lube to work properly. You just need to open the axle, clean the old lube out, and put new in. Others have a hole drilled to squirt more lube in. That is fine for a quick refill, but should not replace cleaning the old out. I have used Lucas Red n Tacky for years, worked well for me.

Hope it helps.