R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Originally posted by Advil
We'll see on the CS vs. Sorex. I was thinking that the Sorex would help "cure" my problem but now I don't know. I really like the "direct" feel of the firmer set up. I'm not quite ready to give up on it. I was thinking of shortening the upper link and raising the roll center in the front. I did each seperately but never did try them both at the same time. I'm afraid that when the traction really goes up (regionals) that the soft set up will allow the car to roll too much and make the grip roll problem more pronounced. It would also slow down "how fast" the car reacts to steering input.

As far as the motor goes...there was definitely more there. If I recall your ratio correctly you were under geared. I did that because my chassis setup was poor and there was no way I could control the power if I let it rip. I was thinking 5.8 on the Qmag and 7.2/7.5 on the Chrome motor. 5.4 if you are one of the lucky ones that gets an E.J. motor (element?). If you want to play with one of those I have had some success with them as well. I just have trouble getting them...
I have a couple of E.J. motors but I'm sponsored by Brahma now so I don't run them. If you saw the motor that I was running in practice you'd crap yourself. I told you about that brush that no one can get. It's off the hook. Too bad I don't have any more of them. I think that you should try a softer set up the next time out. It solved my problems and the corner that everyone was/is filpping over in I can drive into the corner hard without any problems. We'll see how the last bit of testing goes this weekend.