R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F102's
Thread: Tamiya F102's
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
terry.sc
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
The rotor knocked the endbell right off and I tweaked the t-plate mount a bit. The motor is an old Trinity Midnight (stock 27t brushed) so I'm not too sad about it but I hope I can straighten out the car.
Done that with plenty of stock motors over the years, the wheel/axle/motor mount/motor can all stop dead instantly and the armature keeps on going hard enough to pop the endbell. Most were saved by rebuilding them, popping the endbell back on and tapping the tabs back in.

The T-piece pivot wears with use and especially the hole in the T-piece elongates. If you are one of those who insist on everything being perfect all the time you can buy new parts, loosening the screw, lining everything up again and re-tightening the screw will bring everything in line again. The friction between the O-ring and the fibreglass will be enough to hold everything together, you just have to check it every so often. My runner F102 has about that much movement both ways if I loosen everything, but never have a problem with it in normal use.