R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing Justock esc
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 AM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Hi all. Just installed one of these in my F1, running 21.5. I assume I need to buy the programming box in order to change the firmware settings. Do I also need the box just to check what settings are currently installed? I've shoo goo'd the ESC in my car and can't see any serial numbers at the moment. Don't want to rip it out if it won't tell me anyway. One thing I do know is it has no brakes.

The other glitch I had, is I had a transmitter fail - possibly just low batteries - and I had a runaway F1. Luckily the bushes weren't that far away and I missed the rainwater drain! Never had a runaway before. I thought I set all the fail safe right, neutral throttle, etc, but I guess I'd better check them
Even though there's not much to adjust in the Justock, it would pay you to get the 2 in 1 LCD box, as that would allow you to not only change the settings more easily but also update the firmware in the esc.
I think you can program the esc via a flashing led menu system, but it's a huge pita.

Plus the latest software & firmware fixes the "soft brakes" issue with the Justock, Xtreme Stock and 60 & 120 amp 2.1 esc's

Cheers
Rob.