R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turnigy TrackStar Motors
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
jha07
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
There is no reason why this would be the case. A lot of motors that don't have approval is only because the cost of submitting to motors for approval. Or it could be they are making components for other manufactures and don't want to undercut their customers. Or it could be something very simple like with these motors you can slide the windings out of the can and put them in a can stamped at a different turn instead of it being fixed to stop this. But it doesn't mean its an "unfair motor".
The stators look the same as the reedy and teampowers motors as well as the rotor, and its the stator, its winding count and the rotor is 90% of a motors pass or fall at approval.
Even motors that are not legal in stock class' such as the Corally red lines or the Graupner would be if their rotor had a bit less magnet thickness so I doubt these £20 motors are anything unfair.If anything people are just pushing them as hard as they can, replacing them often and not worrying about cooking them because they are so cheap.
I don't have one of these motors, so I can only go by what people are saying about them on this thread. And from what I read, they are faster than the Roar legal 17.5. If your competition needs to check if you're in blinky mode, then clearly, you must be going faster than everyone else.