R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Charger?
Thread: Best Charger?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Looks like an old Nintendo. Super Mario Bros anyone?
It does. It also looks like a piece of medical equipment. It's unfortunate they didn't pick another color for the case. But, I'm sure someone will make a wrap so people can cover it in vinyl blue flames easily enough.

So far, though, I'm super impressed. It's the only dual charger I've used that isn't just two chargers in one case. It's got a shared brain, so to speak, so all profiles you create are accessible via either side. It's also capable of slinging more power than just about anything else out there.

The 40A discharge is a bit misleading. It needs to be powered off a lead acid battery for this to work. It will use that as the dummy load by putting the discharged juice back into the lead acid rather than dissipating the energy as heat. It also has the ability to discharge channel A into a dummy load on channel B, like a bunch of auto lights, for example.

The Junsi guys are active on the forums and have been taking feedback for bugs and feature updates. We could probably convince them to duplicate (and expand upon?) the discharge functionality of the GFX.