R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 AM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluexile67
any one used an aplus 0801 pipe on an os speed? in comparison to an os 2O6O and or 2090 if so how did they compare
The Alpha A-plus 0801 is an awesome pipe on the Alpha Lutz Edition as well as on the XZB Speed .21.

These are the pipes I keep either in my box or in action with my OS Speed .21 listed in my personal order of preference...

OS 2090 - makes gobs of smooth usable power and has the best runtime of these 4 pipes. Its kind of deceiving because it is quieter than the others so it doesn't sound like it would be generating so much power.

Alpha A-plus 0801 - makes a ton of power, best bottom end pull and best sound of these 4 pipes. (Reminds me of my 1981 Suzuki RM125 which had case induction reeds and a hand fabricated pipe from my buddy Dave Miller who handmade all of the pipes the Factory Riders ran on their Works bikes back then. Man that thing was fun. ) Runtime is decent but it wouldn't be my "go to" pipe if I really needed to make 10 min... if I could count on getting 10 min with it, it would be my favorite pipe for my speed. Plus they only cost like $69 bucks or so and its easily twice as durable as my OS pipes. I'm going to be picking up another one of these because my kid and I always seem to be battling over who gets to run it whenever we race on slightly smaller tracks. Of course he always wins that battle since he runs the Alpha Lutz engine and .... cuz he's "my kid" .

OS 2060 - Its in 3rd place.. please see Franks review for details.. haha

Werks 2058 - 4th place... again.. please see Franks review for details.. I always agree with his posts

Last edited by HH; 01-25-2013 at 10:33 AM.