R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Surge Worldwide
Thread: Surge Worldwide
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 06:14 AM
MikeAbrams
Tech Adept

Seems Surge website isn't working, so I'll post the results here.

Went to the Half Fast Gas Blast at The Barn in Chester NY yesterday. I did a few setups in practice & my truck felt awesome. Very different track from what they normally have, including having a giant crossover, a tall elevation change, & a rhythm section on the back straightaway. Pretty hard to find a setup in those conditions.

First round, I got hacked around by some guys which cost me about 7 seconds. Nonetheless, I still won w\ a 10\5:30. I was also TQ for that round. In the second round, I improved, but I was a little slower than the previous round. 10\5:26 was my time.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side for the 20 minute A-main. At the start, 2nd place took me out on the giant crossover, instantly dropping me from 1st to 8th. I had to make up time, which I did. 3 laps later I moved up to 3rd & was only 3 seconds behind the lead. I passed 2nd, then got bumped in the pipe by 2nd. Then I passed him again, & pulled away. Crashed again on the straightaway rhythms, didn't get passed but the leader pulled out to a 10 second lead. I figured this was a good time to pit, so I did. From then until the 2nd pitstop, I was truly racing, didn't crash once in that time. I was pulling off some really good laps, 30.9s, 31.0s, 31.1s, & was catching the lead easily. Then I crashed a few times after the 2nd pitstop about 16 or 17 minutes into the main, & fell back again. In the end, Anthony Mazzara(Losi\Trinity)won. I was 2nd, only a few seconds infront of him from being lapped. I later figured my engine was too rich from the cool temperatures, which also slowed me down which made most of my crashes. Sorry Surge, my bad .