R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle 1410 and mmp esc timing question
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
imbsbiaoy
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. I raced tonight with it set at 5 on the mmp and geared with a 14T pinion with the sc10 4x4 standard kit 32 pitch spur. It worked great. I have been using a tekin 5.5 550 for the last 2 seasons but decided to give the 1410 another shot to see how it compared. Previously I used the 1410 with mmp set to 0 timing. For some reason, it seems a bit smoother off the line than what I remember. It is using more mah than with it set at 0. Going racing again on Sat. and will try the 0 setting to compare. Lap times between the 550 5.5 and the 1410 were very close, with my average being within a tenth of second for an 8 min. main. The 1410 had more punch while the tekin was a bit smoother. The 1410 did run much cooler- barely above ambient temperature after the main and used less mah then the tekin.

One area where the sensored motor was better was when the wheels reached 0 rpm there was maybe a 1/4 second delay in getting back on whereas the sensored motor was instantaneous. I learned to adjust my driving... to not brake so hard in the air that all drive train momentum was lost and that seemed to work. Other than radios with the abs braking systems, I'm wondering if there is a way to combat this as I ended up endoing in my first heat when I grabbed a bunch of brake in the air... we have a 'peaky' double out of a corner and it didn't react at first when I grabbed the throttle to level it back out.