R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Not sure if it is ok for stock. Best bet would be to get a hold of a rule book. From what I remember, and personal experience, non- commercially available cars are not allowed in the spec (stock) classes.

At the 98 nats, my Dad got a first Gen Kawada SV-10 that I was going to run. Long story short, car broke so I did not end up using it, however we were made aware we would not be able to run in in stock, had we had the opportunity.
The rule applies to manufacturers running prototypes, one-off's and non-production parts in stock classes. That's a no-no. However, individuals can run their own creations...as long as they are not being supported by a manufacturer. In the stock classes manufactured cars and parts have to be available for sale at least by the time of the event so all participants can have access to them.

For example:

I can piece together a 1/12 car from CRC, SM and AE parts and run that in stock.

I cannot run a new SpeedMerchant front end on my 12R5.2 if its not in production.

If someone suspects funkiness they have to file a complaint with the race director/ROAR rep. and they will look into it.