R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The perfect RC tire
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
STRINGCHEESE
Tech Adept

Default The perfect RC tire

I've been dreaming this up for a long time. I think my logic is sound and my idea would revolutionize rc tires....RADIALS

What if we had radials, most likely nylon radials, in our tires? They wouldn't balloon out, we would be able to run higher sidewalls to keep our wheels from taking hard hits and cracking. There would always be more surface area on the ground. We could run different profile tires (round, square), different sidewall heights, and different wheel diameters for different conditions. Foams wouldn't be as important for performance.

I think this is the next revolution for our modern ultra fast toy cars. I believe our outdated tire technology is the weak spot in RC performance. The biggest jump in rc tires in the past 20 years was what??? Closed cell foam?

Remember those little bleeder air valves on the air-hogs toys? How about some nice air bladders, micro pressure guages, and mini sized tire pumps.

Imagine...no more tire glue. Building beads into the next generation wheels and tires. Now the air pressure holds the tires on the wheel. This could lead to awesome wheels that we could use for multiple tires and fast tire changes between heats using the same wheel. Just let the air out, change the tire, put air back in.