R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Pit have been making F1 tyres for years before the F104 came along. Yes they are the same, although there will be very slight handling differences due to the different tyre sizes.

If you look here at the list of Pit Shimizus tyres you can see the same compounds are used for the same last number for each tyre.
Yeah I know they've been making them for longer than the F104 I used to sell them back in the F201 days. However the F201 tires seemed to be a different compound as they were much more temperature sensitive. Maybe it was because the F201 was so heavy it heated up the tires more but in hot climates like out here the soft tires were really horrid on the F201 as they would get greasy. Medium or hard tires all around was the ticket out here. But now on the F104 being so much lighter the soft tire seems to work.

Good to know it is just the last number that designates them. Now I can get my F103 running again too