R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question, people recommend me 6,5T motors
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Odin544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coretex
Sorry for asking. Tried searching but found nothing here.
We run normal indoor carpet tracks with 2WD and 4WD 1:10 buggies. I am looking for a new motor and need recommendations.

To my understanding, most people around locally run 6,5 or even 5,5T at tracks. However, reading forums here most people talk about 10,5T. Why? what do I do?
Its kind of pointless for people to recommend a particular motor for you to use. 99.9% of people will not be running the same track as you. 99.9% of people will have a different driving style than you. 99.9% of people will have a different level of experience than you. All these things play a role in which motor to buy.

You should ask this question to the people you run with locally. Find out what is working for them and why they like it. Find out if you have any team drivers locally that will be able to help you with gearing or setup. Find out what the local hobbyshop carries and support them if you can.

This is like ford vs chevy. Its personal preference. One person may feel brand X is the best/fastest motor. The next person will tell you brand Y is the best/fastest and that brand X was slow when they used it.

One of the biggest things that differentiates a good company from a not so good one is their support for their products. That's why I choose Tekin in all my cars. I dont play the "motor of the week" game. But I do get asked why my cars are so fast compared to others. I make my motor work for me. Some people cant seem to do that and feel they need to buy every motor on the market because they think it's all about the motor.

4wd I am running a 6.5 Gen2. 2wd I run a 8.5 Gen2.