R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Qatmix
Tech Master

I think, therein lies the problem. At the worlds the guys build the car to get the Maximum for each run.. So they can reduce friction as much as possible to give them the best possible chance of achieving 100% performance from the car. As long as it lasts 5 minutes thats ok.

At club level build the shocks how they are meant to be made, giving the best compromise of performance and reliability.

The TRF O-Rings are nice, I used them once for a shock rebuild, but they did leak a little. So I replaced them with the std ones and now I have shocks that are bullet proof and lap times that are no worse. I'm not a world champion, although I am pretty handy at club level.

I'm lucky enough to have a V5 on the way, so will give it a go with the stock settings and see how they behave. I hope they are as reliable as the ones on my 501x. Although I have a spare set of classic TRF dampers ready to pop on as well.

All cool stuff, its good to have something new to use on the cars and see how we can all help each other to get the best out of them.