R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM
fastolfart
Tech Elite

Well it's been a while since I have been on here and also been racing. Last weekend we had the Summer Nats in Australia which the F1 class was run as a support class. Down here we run all classes of chassis width in same event as numbers are a lot lower over seas in all classes of racing.
After struggling a little during qualifying with the setup of my car due to previous to this event been run in F103 configuration, I was busy during the break changing electrical components around to get better balance on the car with the F104 configuration. After qualifying 5th, I managed to pull off 3rd on a tie break for the first 3 positions.
A win in the 1st final. The other 2 finals I was unfortunately involved in a couple of shunts that put me to the back of the field in the remaining finals, but recovering to 2nd place in the 3rd final.
To put it mildly the car was fantastic during the finals, and still has more in it as I couldn't get the exact setup I wanted due to a lack of parts to run the bell crank steering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIStGqgmuGU