R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Geno-Machino
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
Had 10 usvta in the state race here yesterday. But ended up being more of a demolition derby than a race, but was still fun.
Wish I could have stay over for the on-road but running oval had already burned up 2 days.
I know it's a bit off course but having been mostly an oval racer, I did get a chance to run the VTA car on the oval Friday night and had a blast. Actually was more fun to drive than my SK Mod or Outlaw Truck! Did not change gear or suspension just threw it down and ran it. It was slower than the oval cars but the weight and tires made it more realistic than I have experienced with R/C in some time. I had to back up the corner and wait on the tires to grip before getting back on the throttle to get off the corner. If I got too greedy with the throttle it would step out a little too! When we get back to Minnreg, I'm in if anyone wants to also run 'em on the oval day. I would suggest to minimize the urge to make changes we go with the straight up USVTA spec.
I had watched USVTA at the 'Birds for the last several times they were run and decided last year that I was going to join in. Although I've never been too keen on the TC platform, I thought it would be something neat since I liked the looks of the bodies in use. Now as I get my gear ready I find that the VTA car is by far the least complicated car in my stable. Basically I've had motor and tires ready for over 6 months! Good thing because we're less than 2 weeks out and the other oval cars are bogging me down with the motor deal and prepping tires choices and options. I liked it before but I'm really liking this VTA idea more and more.