R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - E-Revo race setup...
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 PM
jonboy1
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheKennyKiller
ok nitro you've coaxed me back, sorry for coming off a little hostile. Thanks for the links, I'm learning a thing or two and I'm grateful for that. Now to be honest I changed my rockers at the same time as changing my springs and shock oil so while I do have less body roll than the stock setup it could be more from the springs and oil than the rockers. I was led to believe PRO3 rockers were ideal for on-road and track type of stuff, having said that I understand you need to use shorter pushrods with them which is something I wondered if you and bashem had done when trying them out.

Ok so my set-up (sorry for the thread hi-jack BTW, but hey you get that sometimes) I have silver springs up front with 50wt oil and blue springs in the rear with 60wt oil, almost no pre-load and stock pistons, I was looking into getting the variable damping kit a while back but never did. So what is a good all round setup in your opinion? Also, what you're telling me is the only way to tune droop on the E-Revo is to either use different rockers or put some fuel tubing on the shock shaft?
Your shock set-up may be to stiff. go to tan or black rear spring/50wt., orange or gold front/50wt. Change rocker to P2, with P1- P2 push rods. You should'nt use your shocks to limit droop, it will limit the shocks travel.

Droop is controlled by push rod position on the arms and by length of rod ( spacers ). ride hite should alway be "arms level". If you need less bodyroll than use sway bars.