R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR Worlds Qualifying
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
OK, so I have some questions about how competitors from North America qualify to participate in the Electric on-road worlds that is due to be hosted by ROAR in 2014. Since 2013 is a qualifying year I wonder if someone can explain what is required to qualify?

As I read the IFMAR rules I can see that 20 slots are open for 1/12th Scale and 32 for TC.

The ROAR rule book states that the allocation is 30 slots with the possibility of more slot for the host country.

IFMAR Rules
http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...neral_2011.pdf

ROAR Rules
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf

So now for the questions:

Where do allocations come from in the North America? Carpet Nationals, Paved Nationals, both or other level 5 races?

If you qualify in one class are you also allowed to run both 1/12th Scale and 1/10th Scale?

It says that the number of people qualified is based on the number of entries...is this based on a number or a percentage of participants? (I mean is it top 10 in each modified division or top 20% in each division?) The rule is not very clear.

If ROAR allocates 30 competitors and IFMAR allows 20 in 1/12th scale and 32 in 1/10th scale...which number is correct?

So since Rick Howart was the only ROAR driver to make an A main in the last worlds...that only locks up one slot in ROARs total block of drivers.

I decided to post this here... because the ROAR forums have very low traffic and I am not sure how much response I would get over there.

Anyway if you have some info to share please do...please don't speculate if you don't know the answers that just creates more issues than it solves.
The IFMAR driver allotment is correct. And based on ROAR rules I am the only driver qualified at this time. However since the races used to determine the qualified drivers are unclear, I have sent and email to ROAR requesting that it be clarified.

You will have to qualify in each class. Because participation at the Worlds by US drivers has dropped. The issue of needing to actually qualify for two separate classes hasn't been addressed.

My feeling is that qualifying for both classes is based on results at the ROAR Asphalt Nats. This is how it has always been and like mentioned before, it has never really mattered to to low participation by US drivers at the Worlds.

Lastly, I am fairly confident the US will get skipped over and the race move to the next bloc in lone (FEMCA). There are none or very few facilities in the US that can host a race of this magnitude. And many of the people capable of running an event like this won't do it for free.