View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
discgolferlee
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt View Post
One fix that will reduce chance of breaking towers is to put 1mm spacers between the tower and transmission case. Generally the towers break on the side where the motor mount is, by flexing into it during crashes.
really. first time I have heard of this fix. Thinking of ordering up exotek rear tower as it looks beefy. maybe I will have to add the 1mm spacer. all 3 towers have broken in the same spot exactly. broke a truck rear arm right on the seam too friday night. Had a awful night of racing and lots of "bad Luck". I am not a novice driver and am having a bit of durability issue right now that is frustrating the hell out of me. Our track (carpet on top of concrete floors) can be a bit rough on vehicles I will admit. I also managed to explode a rw machined spur. lol see pic below. not sure if motor moved or what as i just packed up shit and went home and haven't touched it since then.

I am new to the machined spurs. Is this a normal occurrence vs molded spurs. I expected teeth to be wore down not broke off lol

spur