R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2wd front tires. Any differences?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM
teeforb
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Have you tried the front suburbs?

Originally Posted by aeRayls
For outdoor tracks I'd say 95% of the time just mount new tires and go. However, for almost any indoor clay style track it goes like this:

Most importantly the correct compound comes first.

Followed by the correct tread pattern

Lastly but very important is tread height!!

Typically here in any Midwest indoor track it always depends on the clay content of the dirt and how wet or dry it is. Starting from extreme high bite to dried out, these are the tires I have...

Slicks
Ghost pin
1/4 pin
Half pin
Scrubbed in
Brand new

For fronts out of the package scrubs are the lowest pin followed by losi taper pin and the barcode being the tallest. Now on extreme high bite a brand new barcode will push but take it down to half pin and they steer incredibly... This goes for all of them as well. When the track looses bite and gets a bit of dust, more pin will have more grip.

Also, just because every company has a "clay" compound they are not even close to the same. Some clay tires just will not work on certain dirt like others. Example, this year at my home track PL MC is just junk. But losi pink and JC gold have been stuck!

As for the fronts only it has been my experience that Scrubs steer really well but not fantastic but are very smooth. Taper pin is very aggressive. Barcode steers well decently smooth.