R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Please Help! Don't want to burn my house down!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
joe226
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Please Help! Don't want to burn my house down!

I recently got (2) Losi 2s Lipos with a crawler I bought off this forum and had to change all the connections on them because my charger (brand new Thunder AC6) did not have the right adapters.

---I changed the original EC3's to 4mm bullets which I know I did correctly.

The part I am not sure of is the balance connectors. I changed the original ones on the Losi lipos (forgot the specific name of them) over to 2S 3-Pin JST-XH and I think I might have the balance wires mixed up.

---I plugged the Balance connector into the board and a small puff of smoke came from the board and the copper band/wire linking the #1 wire (black, at the top of the board) to the 2s balance connector popped out from the board and snapped.

---When I changed balance connectors to the JST's I kept all the wires in the same slots.

---Should I have switched the two outer wires so when connected to the balance board the red wire would be toward the bottom connecting with the #3 wire on the balance board (the only red wire on the board)?

I had it like this and got the puff of smoke.

Should I switch the outer wires around so the red and the black line up with the wires going to the board like this?: Seems like a dumb question but I don't want to fry another balance board.

Please Help I am new to this and switching out the balance connectors on these Lipo's seems to be a little over my head. Especially since I have never used Lipo's before.

Thanks

Last edited by joe226; 01-12-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added pics, more info