R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Fair thats funny. I heard about guys running "stock silver cans" blowing by guys like they were sitting still. Had a low turn out last year because of the bs that went on at the 2011 TCS race. I myself look forward to running a TCS race just hope that the black cloud form 2012 doesn't show it's ugly head this year.
Are you referring to the TCS Nationals or one of the Regional races??? I know for a fact that nothing went on at the Nationals. I posted the motor procedure at the Nats a few pages back and can safely say that short of being a Harry Houdini, you couldn't cheat on motors. I can't say anything about the Regionals, cause I wasn't there. Sometimes rumors are just that and aren't backed by any evidence.

Please, I am not calling the veracity or the sincere intentions of those from whom you've heard these stories into question. I'd suggest for your first TCS race to treat it as a learning experience, have fun, and make new friends. I still go, even tho the only chance of my winning is, if a lightning bolt hits all the other drivers on the stand. Spend much of my time visiting with friends I only see once a year.

This post's only intention was to be helpful and to encourage your participation in a TCS race. If you interpret it in any other way, you have my apologies.

PS visit the Silvercan Tips/Tricks thread in this forum. Many helpful tips on the care and feeding of Silvercan motors.