R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
crimson eagle
Tech Fanatic

pheyhoe,

I'm going through something similar, seems no matter how many times you set the tweek the thing will not stop pulling to one side. I have sorted out most of mine, it seemed that my trailing link turnbuckles were a fraction tight, hardly noticable. I losened them off and it did help. I was thinking that with mostly right hand tuns it was binding a little and holding the rear pod from centering completely and then as the wieght transferred back their was extra weight staying on the right hand rear wheel making it push left. With this theory in mind I checked the ball cups on my dapmer tubes, they were tight too so I loosened those off. I have not drove it since I did that so I've yet to find out if it works. One thing I noticed - If I put the car down tapped on the antenna post to "settle" the car, then without doing anything nail the throttle. In my case it went straight, after going around a few corners then hitting the throttle again, it started pulling. This is telling me that something is binding and holding it from sitting properly. I have the Rev3, very similar to the knife I don't like the ball cups on the damper tubes, I think I'll try to change them out, hopefully it will help.

Any comments on this anyone? OD, I'd particularly like your opinion.

Chris Rhodes