R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Yes, I'm wondering what 2mm stiff actually means and for what application its meant for (carpet or asphalt ?)

LOL, first thing I thought when I saw those was your suggestion. (Works well on carpet as well, I'm now at 3mm for bumpsteer on carpet at the moment, but started at 4.5)

They either make more option split blocks or you'll have to re-adjust via the front bar (not the preferred method).

As far as the shock towers, it makes me wonder if shorter shocks are in the works as well, or did they re-work the shock plastics? I do like the counter sunk screw holes though.

All in all, the nice thing is that its all conversion for the original car, instead of a whole new kit, so costs should be down to make a new ride. I hope they make it like a conversion kit with one part number. Usually when they have it on the site, the parts are in the stream already .
Shorter Shocks... look closer at the options page... RCM-SS, everything is shorter, bodies, top and bottom caps, plastics. Biggest give away is the single o-ring and spacer in the bottom Counter sunk towers are a good thing, can't get the rear screws out at the mo with button heads

I think I'll be getting the new car, and then picking up a chassis and blocks for one of my current rides, whilst the other can be sold on... thats the plan anyway!