R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Hey Paul, to be straight up, I am HORRIBLE at building my shocks. I'm good at filling with no air and tightening the cap, but then to achieve 25% or less, maybe 10% or 0 rebound, I just cannot achieve that without getting air in my shocks. Is there a special way with the xray shocks that you recommend building them without any air in them? They seem to settle out and with the bleeder caps, end up with no air after sitting for 24hrs, but I'm not sure if that is even possible. Thanks for any advice. Chad
Hi Chad, lol. If your not getting any air you are doing something right.
2 things to do if you are not already. First when you put the bladder on try pushing the piston up almost to the serface of the oil before installing the bladder. Second, make sure you push down slightly on the bladder to extend it in to the oil as far as possilble before putting the cap on. Also do not use the foam in the cap. Doing those things should bring the rebound to a minimum and make bleeding possibly net even nessissary.

Thanks