R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I seem to have rctech stalkers that butt in all my conversations with other RCtech members. Hopefully a moderator will stop the stalking, and make the stalkers post about tamiya mini coopers and not about calling me names !!! Do they even race minis ???
I don't think anyone is stalking you. You just post questionable advice and get very defensive/offensive when someone disagrees...and you do it all over rctech.

Granpa, regarding traction rolling, I very much like the idea of fixing it without CA. I have some things to try (shock/spring/sway bar tweaks) that will be first, but was wondering about tires. Spec tire out our local track is Sweep, and we can run 25's, 33's or 40's. I am running 40's all around on my M05 (high traction carpet, club level, not national level high grip) and the thing turns like a monster (almost 12th scale twitchy). Even backing off to full rear tire additive and none on the front, once the fronts warm up, it wants to roll. Is some of this just a factor in using slicks that I need to work around? I am not sure I want to run staggered compounds front to rear, but with the spring suggestions (I run hard front, soft rear like in TC currently which seems to possibly be backwards), I am not sure what tires and which side of the car to start with.

Someone posted that just changing springs is not enough, but the common setup advice is always to change one thing at a time. My experience is TC and pan car, so this mini is all new to me. I am not worried about top speed, and have little inclination to go crazy wrenching on it (it is a stress reliever class), I just want to make it a little less rolly polly.

I currently have the stiff front sway bar on it, blue front, red rear springs, 35wt AE oil, stock camber and toe, ride height is lower arms level, spec R oil filled gear diff with 100k in it (TC's ruined me for ball diffs). Slowing down steering speed and travel has helped some, stiffening the front has really had little to no effect (originally no swaybar and yellow front springs). I know I am falling into the TC setup trap of stiffening the front, which is why I am asking and my lack of mini knowledge.

Thanks!