R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
monkeyracing
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
according from Mark Brown saying the the dont use the M03 c-hub on M05...
Again, it depends. The C hubs they made up to the introduction of the M03M/M03R (2006 or 2007?) were a different size. The C hubs used from that point are interchangeable (unless they made some change in geometry I hadn't noticed). I've used both and haven't seen a difference, except thaty the plastics used in the 05/06 versions are more brittle.

The next change in C hub design same with the M06, when they integrated the anti-roll bar mounting points.

Anyway, about TCS vs. everybody else: I've been rather too vocal in the past regarding my feelings towards TCS rules. I'd always believed them to be a little too protectionist, but I'm beginning to see the light. In fact, following hours of discussion with many other racers and organizers, I can see the value in running a "bone stock" mini series, with absolutely no alloy bits, CVDs, gumball tires or any hop-up beyond dampers and bearings. However, as one of my compatriots put it "the horse is out of the barn." I'd still like to try it, but just try to find a mini these days that doesn't have some kind of bling on it. Of course, this would also re-open the silver can/red dot debate and none of us want that.

Jim

Last edited by monkeyracing; 01-09-2013 at 01:47 PM.