R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Converting a Savage?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
headbasher
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
Mate I just converted my savage k4.6ss to brushless

I used a 5 dollar engine mount from a bsdracing buggy and a hobbyking 3659 edf inrunner brushless motor

Because I didn't change the geArbox I am still using the original mechanical brakes which work flawlessly and I just mixed them in with my 4pks program mix

I am using 6s 4950mah flightpower batteries and the ace
Rc 150amp plus esc and I must say....an electric 2 speed is fun as hell !

Also forgot to mention I am also still using the reverse module

All up the conversion cost me about 50 bucks in parts which were shims, pinion, spur 52t, motor mount

Esc and motor I had lying around at home but motor is worth about 50 bucks and the esc about 180

I didn't use bbattery boxes as my batteries fit perfectly down the length of the tvps with bit of Velcro and some 're usable zipties they go nowhere

I've had about 20 runs on it so far without a single hiccup and I'm getting 20min runtimes out of 1 4900mah 6s battery
Thanks for the ideas. I went ahead and ordered a Kershaw kit for the motor mount etc.. and also he sells the motor esc combos for pretty good price. So it will cost me about $200. I will run 2 7.4v lipos(4s) as i already have plenty of those.
I guess I will have to do some reading to see if I can mix the brake servo into the throttle channel on my radio? Not sure how to do that, but will give it a try.
I would also like to use the reverse on ch 3 if I can.

Thanks