R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one r4!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 AM
TomasRC
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
...once we get Ur setup dialed in, you'll b ready for that capricorn clutch! Lethal combination
Hey, Capricorn Clutch... wich one do you mean?...
The local dealer from capricorn I my country let me his car, so I revised and compared to the R4... mainly the transmision...
The desing is very...very similar...
-The 2nd speed housing has the same shape, always weight the same compared to the light version (cap housing 6.4grs vs R4 light 6.2grs)
-The 1st housing...different shape, but compatible (cap housing 6.3grs vs R4 1st light 6.5grs)
-The main axle who retains the transmision are the same material, capricorn one is a little bit shorter because use pin-pulley system... 22.1grs capricorn vs 24grs R4...
-All the pulleys weight 1/3 less than the R4 ones...
-The diffs are crazy light..capriconr composite (both) 54grs aprox vs R4 with steel gears arround 72grs
-The Spur gears are another "big" difference...capricorn 4grs each, R4 7grs each aprox.
-R4 has the engine nearer to the center line of the chasis, and the chasis is a narrower than Capricorn and Xray...
-The 2speed Clutch is the same... same shoes size... the diference are the springs, the are not stiffer, they have practically the same, but capricorn ones have less "turns", so it can be more compressed than the R4 one... so the "shifting" would be more consistence when you use a 2speed setting near to the cfully compressed position of the spring...
The screws has a smaller head (smiliar to the dremmel version of us...xD)... the retainer sistem is different, because use a screw besides of a pin. The weight is practically the same..11.1grs (R4) vs 10.5grs (Capricorn)
-The "dogbones-CVDs" are another big difference.... the steel ones from Kyosho weight 6grs and are 61mm long... and the capricorn light ones are from 57mm and 3grs...NOT COMPATIBLE.
-The Shimo "sirio Power Clutch" is very very similar... the pins from the flywheel are a little bigger in R4 vs capricon... stronger.. but weights the same... but not the same size 31mm aprox (capricorn) vs 33 mm from R4
Clutch weights, Clutch shoe, are the same... R4 grey one, Capricorn Red one... (I prefer Capricorn, less slippeage), the spring is 1.9 from capricorn, 1.7 from R4... the spring retainer is from steel on Capricorn... from alu in R4... the Clutch retainer is heavier on Capricorn and different shape form R4 one...that is lighter...
Clutch bell: Uses 3 bearing besides 2 from R4...but the same size, you can feet the R4 pinion....

That was my review...besides of capricorn has light parts..I have been reading capricorn forum... the CVD light get twisted from a little crushes...so I prefer R4 ones...Spur gear form R4 are so stronge...never streap one...
Pulleys form R4 too... are wider than capricorn ones... I have a lot of brake in may car.. I look kevlar capricorn pulleys... what a mess...to races more...and the would be destroyed ajjaaja...
I will choose Capricorn red shoe and 2speed springs...