R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Duratrax Evader
Thread: Duratrax Evader
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
reckboy
Tech Regular

Well, I have 10 packs thru my evader brushless now. No more broken parts since my tierod break on my second pack due to the curb sideswip.... See a few posts back for the details on that...

So yeah, 10 runs in. My pinion and spur seem fine still. The gear box does seem a bit noisy though. Since my motor plate look slightly bent, I ordered the upgraded heat sync motor plate. It looks thicker and will straighten out the rear alignment. I will also take the opportunity to open, inspect, clean and re-lube the gearbox. Probably won't pull apart the diff unless it is showing some sign of needing attention.

I also noticed a crack in the front hinge pin brace that is actually molded into the front bumper. I ordered the $3 aluminum hinge pin brace that is actually an upgrade part for the evader nitro. I will probably have to get creative with the Dremel to mod the front bumper to occomodate the new brace. Kinda looking forward to working that out.

Since pretty much all my runs so far have been on asphalt and concrete, my stock tires were pretty much toast. I thought I would use the baking method to remove the tires from the rims, put the front tires on the rear wheels and visa versa in the hopes of getting a few more runs out of them.... Epic Fail. The Duratax wheels melted. New proline velocity wheels and hpi geolandars on the way.

The two Nano-tech 2s 5300mah 50c Lipos that i picked up for this rig are working out okay. Even though I bought them at the same time, ran them the same number of times in the same car with the same LVC (3.2 volts per cell), one pack is noticeably better than the other. I even store them at proper voltage between weekends. Pack #1 takes ~5200mah when charged, but pack #2 takes only ~5000mah. Pack #1 also seems to be punchier longer than pack #2. That being said, #2 is still more than acceptable to get crazy speed and torque for bashing.

All in all, my BL Evader is really fun for me. Tweaks and fixes are all part of the hobby IMO and I really enjoy the process.