R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
alloyslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot
I don't want to spoil my orange! If u look at the link posted above this is what I mean. I'm not 100% it will fit but it has a nice load spread capability and button head to really torque it down!
The issue with a washer unless for instance a 1mm, any thinner it will bent and attempt to go into the slot for the screw to move in, the product above ill not collapse because of the design of the sides.
This is a lee Martin product obviously off road legend, if the buggys can be thrown or go mid air to a complete stop of nose diving the triple! And the motor stays put surely this can only work for the ones having issues?
J
The only way the washer is going to try to pull into the slot is if you are using a screw that has a head thats too small. I have .5mm washers under my stock screws, torqued to the moon, been thru 20+ minutes of running and they are still the same as when I installed them. They aren't "digging" into the aluminum, just gripping onto it. I just backed one of them off and there is no marks what so ever in the mount.

I am just throwing an idea his way that worked for me. I had a pro XRay sponsored driver check my car and he said to have washers under the screws.